Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Tuesday 14 September 2010

Figure Manufacturers


A mixed bag - the picture shows examples of the typical hotch-potch which makes up my armies. Here we have the Regiment de Francfort, with 2 battalions of the Hesse Darmstadt Regiment Gross und Erbprinz, plus 2 regiments of (French) Chasseurs a Cheval.


The infantry here are mostly Falcata - diorama-style figures which give usefully scruffy campaign-dress units, as you see - with Kennington command castings. The skirmishers are a mixture of Falcata and NapoleoN, and the cavalry units are NapoleoN, with a sprinkling of Kennington horses.


I thought it would be useful to set out a rough listing of the manufacturers whose products I use, and which will therefore feature in this blog. It may take a while to get through them all!


(1) Thus far I have looked at Les Higgins, Hinton Hunt, Garrison and Ros.


(2) I still intend to do (in no particular order) Minifigs, Kennington, Lamming, Falcata, NapoleoN, Art Miniaturen, Der Kriegspieler, Warrior, Hinchliffe and Scruby. In almost all cases, you will find a proper history and some catalogue listings on VINTAGE20MIL and on some of the blogs listed in my Favourites panel - my posts will simply give my view on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment